1. Spend Less then you make: Sound simply doesn’t it. Well how many people spend more than they make? A lot. The way this works is no matter if you get a raise or come into money you live the lifestyle you did before that change.
2. Pay yourself first: First payment always go to your retirement, savings or invest in stocks. When you pay the bills first you never seen to have that extra money to save.
3. Know your numbers: Know where you stand with money; what you make, spend, your debts and monitor your numbers actively.
4. Protect yourself from stupidity of others: Everyone has a story; Family, friends, and colleagues will come up with a reason why they need you to help them you will always have to trust your gut on this one. You will need to make sure you know how to say NO when you know it’s going to hurt your budget.
5. Goal are important: If goals weren’t important why does everyone go out and buy everything they want. Because the truth is we need goals; direction in which to aim ourselves forward. Think about your goals today, five years, ten years and beyond that.
Invest the time it’s worth it..